Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tropicana; Atlantic City; October 23, 2011

I found myself in the midnight tournament at the Trop, following an evening at a bachelor party.  I got there half an hour late and at the short-handed table of 5 people.  Great structure though:  10 minute rounds, $62 buy-in, $15k in chips.  35 entrants, apparently.  My late arrival had cost me about $1k.  No matter, I settled in quickly after not playing a hand in months.  I was back up in the game.  Long story short, I played my usual patient style.  Textbook would say completely wrong for this structure.  Aggression, aggression.  Long story short, I didn't get a hand all night.  My best was A-Q.  Where did I finish:  10th, at the final table.  I won 5 out of 6 hands I contested.  Would I have done better being more aggressive.  My sense is "no."  One good hand could have made the difference.  Without that, I'm not sure anything would have changed the outcome. 

No comments: