Friday, June 15, 2007

RESUME OF A NO LIMIT HOLD 'EM HOPEFUL

I thought that you might want to know the bona fides of this young buck trying to fight his way up. After all, who wants advice and analysis from a fool? Hold 'Em Scholar is a graduate of an Ivy League law school, has a minor in physics, has had editorials and think pieces published in various newspapers and magazines, has worked at two of the 100 largest law firms in the United States, is an inventor with two patent applications currently pending, and manages a small hedge fund. If I cared about such things, I could stroll into a MENSA membership on the strength of several standardized tests I've taken throughout the years.
What does all this add up to in the No Limit Hold 'Em world? Quite possibly nothing. There ain't no entrance exam for No Limit -- or the world. Just wanted you all to be aware of the mind behind this site.


And oh yeah, you might ask: what is your No Limit experience, Mr. Hold 'Em Scholar? Presently limited. I began training by playing a lot of hands against computer opponents. My first foray into the real word of poker was a couple of months ago. I played in the Midnight Madness Tournament at the Taj in AC. Midnight Madness began at 12 midnight on a Sunday night. I actually had no intention of playing in a tournament that night, had gone to AC to celebrate my brother's birthday and play some blackjack. But I'd been reading some books on No Limit and had played some hands on the computer, so I figured why not. How'd I do? I made it to the final four tables before being busted out with a short stack and a pair of 10's. Up until the Midnight Madness tournament, I'd never played poker against live opponents in my life. Give that some consideration in assessing my results. I'll do better next time, you can count on it.

No comments: